Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Blue Sky Adventure


My niece Rachel spent the night and I had been craving some hiking, so I told Rachel we were going on a nature adventure. She bought into the excitement and I planned to take her over to Blue Sky. Blue Sky used to be one of my favorite places. It was burnt to a crisp in the Witch fire over a year ago, but it is starting to recover and I wanted to see how that recovery was going. Michelle called mid-morning and needed a babysitter, so I asked Rachel if she didn't mind if Nathan went on the adventure with us. She had no objections, so now we had an extra friend to play with on the adventure. We went down to Blue Sky and despite some burnt trunks and some denuded landscape, it was just as beautiful as ever. The Creekside trail still had many solid California Oaks in their groves. We had fun playing games like "I Spy" along the trail and "Red light, Green light". While trying to think of games to play Rachel asked, "Is there anything else here to see besides Nature?" Had we had enough time I would have dragged the kids up to Ramona Lake, but since I had another commitment that afternoon, we settled with Poway Lake. We stopped by the lake and had a lunch of peanut butter sandwiches. I think Nathan could skip up and down hills forever! Rachel was a little tired by the end, but Nathan still wanted to race. All in all it was a good time and a good adventure.


It was pretty windy.

The Lake at last!

2 comments:

Tanya D said...

What a great auntie you are! I want to come on your adventures :)

Julia said...

I want to go on yours too...hmmm, we'll have to figure something out :D