
My old roommate Melissa flew out from Chicago with her friend Courtney for the weekend. She came mainly to attend a wedding of friend, but for the weekend she wanted to go down to Moab and go hiking. Our other old roommate Sara came down from Idaho and Friday night we all had a sleepover at my house. What a great time! The next day we drove through snow and gross weather to go hiking in Arches National Park. The weather was coldish and somewhat snowy, but ended up being really nice for hiking. We saw some awesome landscapes and I wanted to take a picture of EVERYTHING! We stayed overnight in a motel in Moab and that was the worst night of sleep I'd had in awhile :P First of all, I wasn't very comfortable because I never am outside my own bed, but usually I can deal. The kicker was that I forgot that Melissa talks in her sleep! So right when I would finally sort of fall alsleep, Melissa would start talking in a LOUD voice about paperwork from her job. BAH! Oh well, I still had fun the next day, which dawned bright and sunny! It was a beautiful day at Canyonlands National Park! The views were simply amazing and when you got to the end of a trail, there was a wonderful quiet that is unique to vast expanses of untamed beauty. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the trip.





No comments:
Post a Comment