Sunday, June 16, 2013

Lemon Sunday

Last Sunday I went on a recipe craze. I found some good food blogs and pick some recipes to try. I only managed to make one of them this week....But today I went crazy with some of the lemon recipes I found last week. I made a simple lemon sweet rolls from pre-made crescent roll dough. (Recipe here) They were ok. I think it's important to get the right kind of crescent roll dough, so that it complements the filling.

Lemon Sweet Rolls
One of my favorite treats when I go to San Diego is the Lemon Shortbread cookies from the Champagne Bakery. They're ginormous and have a delectable glaze frosting that makes the cookie. It really is an indulgence because these cookies are like a $1.25 a cookie!! So I've tried to make some myself. One version I tried last year crumbled too easily, so I tried to make another kind today. They only had 5 ingredients which helps me to not mess them up. (Recipe here) I topped them with the same glaze I put on the lemon sweet roll, which consisted of lemon juice and powdered sugar mixed to the right consistency. Here's what they ended up looking like. 
Normal-ish

Not really sure what happened to this poor soul

Finished Product!
 They're pretty tasty but I think next time, I'll work more on making them look prettier.



No comments: