![]() |
| Lamb Stew, Soda Bread, Irish Cheese and Corned Beef! |
![]() |
| Provo River with morning sunlight :) |
![]() |
| Brian is trying to run away. Stinker. |
We had a good time walking and it was excellent practice walking on hard asphalt with the inclines like it will probably be for the 5K. With the treadmill at the gym I can cheat a little and walk with no incline or hold onto the rails when I get tired, but on the trail it's all on my own and I have to deal with unlevel ground. But Brian let me hold his hand, so I can at least count on that to help through the 5K!
In reflection on this last week, I've been really happy doing my mile each day. I can't say it's always been convenient or that I've lost weight, but my clothes are fitting better and it's been easier to climb stairs, so it's definitely worth the mild inconvenience of taking the time to go to the gym.
If you want to join the 5K, but think you have to run to participate, let me reiterate that I will be walking. You do not have to run the 5K, though many people will. Walking at a brisk pace is perfectly acceptable, so it you want to join Hope for Holland's 5K, I will be happy and proud to walk along with you. The link to register is below. Onward and Upward people!!
http://runnercard.com/e/




No comments:
Post a Comment