I had a short rough patch this week with my 5K goals. I caught some kind of stomach bug and my knee started aching with all the stairs I had to go up and down on Monday and Tuesday. On top of that, it seemed like every meeting I went to for work, the important people didn't bother to show up. Grrr. Therefore, I took Monday and Tuesday off from walking the mile in order to get better. I compromised telling myself that I would start my 2 mile week early to make up for the missed days. But it was hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you feel like throwing up every 10 minutes, but you have to go to work anyway and smile like everything is fine so you don't scare the children.
But like every rough patch, eventually you get through it and things start to turn around. My stomach bug was finally gone today, my knee didn't hurt when I woke up and an appointment I didn't have hope was going to work out ended up working out alright. I went to the gym and was able to walk 2 miles in 42 minutes. Considering my goal is to finish the 5K in less than an hour, this is a good starting point.
So like every rough patch, long or short, it has come to an end. My heart mourns for those close to me who are still going through their rough patches and have a while yet to see the end of theirs. My friends that I am supporting in the 5K are going through their own rough patch and I'm glad to help support them through it. My friend Bryan, Holland's dad, posted a video from Elder Bednar's CES fireside from earlier this month. It's a great message to help you get through rough patches no matter the outcome and Bryan said that it has been a message of peace to help them through. If you're in a rough patch, I hope you'll watch it and take it for the message it was meant to be.

1 comment:
Love you Julia. We're working through our rough patch and feeling the love from friends and family near and far. Thanks for sharing the fireside.
Post a Comment